Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Currently!

It's time for currently again! I did my first currently in June, the month I started blogging. It is now October, so I've been blogging for 4 months! Crazy.

Go link up with Farley!


I love, love, love October. It is my favorite month. I love teaching in October, the kids seem to finally have the routine down. I love Halloween, pumpkin lattes, and I especially love haunted hayrides oooohhhh.


I want to explain a few things a bit more. 

My class this year is super sweet. I can't say enough how happy I am this year. I finally feel like after 3 years everything seems to be falling into place. 

I am especially loving the daily 5. Or the daily 3 in my room. We have reading block for an hour and 15 minutes so there's only room for 2 rotations. I just wanted to stick with what I felt was most important for my group. 

They are so focused and quiet during the entire time. I really feel they have the sense of urgency that is so important. 

We did a sequencing mini-lesson today. We read the fable the Fox and the Stork, I cut it up and the kids had to put it back in order. 




They did so great with this lesson, I heard a lot of "work talk" No" he's poking me", or "can I get a drink of water." None of that. Amazing. 

As for my book choice. I read Room on the Broom today. It's a super cute poem style book. Kids loved it. I would definitely recommend. 




Oh and before I go check out my super science giveaway! It's still up till Sunday! 


Click the picture to check it out!






2 comments:

  1. An assistant would be WONDERFUL! I'm loving Daily 5 and CAFE this year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered the Daily 5 and the CAFE books from Amazon so that I'm well versed on both when I make it into my own classroom! Happy to see that you're liking it - that gives me hope!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved
Clipart by Stockberry Studio